Smart Street Lighting
Objective is to ensure the energy
efficiency of street lighting by equipping street lighting systems with power regulators:
street lighting dimming and reduction operating costs for street lighting.
It was commissioned in June 2015 on Yenbekshiler Str. of Yessil District in Astana.
Within the project framework, the old sodium-vapor lamps have been replaced with new LED lamp, facilities of street lighting and park illumination of the city have been examined to determine their quantity, location and status (there are 30 177 lamps for street lighting and 17 542 lamps for park illumination in the city).
As a result, energy savings amounted to more than 50% or 244 thousand tenge compared to the same period of previous years (before the pilot project implementation – 52 310 kW of electric power, after the launch of the pilot project – 24 792 kW).
Effect of the project:
- software that allows controlling lamps remotely, as well as receiving information on the status of each lamp individually;
- control the load of each lamp using dimming;
- achieved energy saving of over 51% compared to the same period of previous years;
- reduction of operating costs through remote monitoring and control, as well as reduction in the number of mobile teams;
- no special disposal for the lamps and light bulbs, as there are no harmful substances (mercury) contained in the lamps;
- remote online lighting control via smartphones and tablets.
It is planned to expand the project based on PPP model, which will involve replacement of more than 47 thousand sodium-vapor street lamps in the city by the modern and safe LED lamps.