Support under the "Business Roadmap 2020" Program
Today, the government implements a number of programs aimed at the development and support of small and medium-sized businesses; "Business Roadmap 2020" is one of the most effective programs. Since your business is listed among the priority sectors of the economy for the Program participants, when obtaining credit loans from the second-tier banks, you can take advantage of government support in the form of interest rate subsidies, loan guarantee. In availability of the state expertise for the external networks (sewerage, water supply, etc.), you may receive state support to admit the missing infrastructure for the project. If you are offering an innovative project, then you can participate in the project on the allocation of state grants. In addition, "Damu-Komek" women's entrepreneurship development programs are being implemented through “Damu” Entrepreneurship Development Fund” JSC. Detailed information is available through www.damu.kz, www.dkb2020.kz websites.
In general, free advice, training courses for the beginning entrepreneurs are provided by Astana Chamber of Entrepreneurs in regard to the opening and establishment of businesses. Further advice can be obtained from the Entrepreneurs Service Center (ESC) at 8a Kazhymukan Str., or by contacting the call-center 1408.
Detailed Information about the “Business Roadmap 2020” Business Support and Development Program
"Business Roadmap 2020" single program of business support and development (hereinafter – the Program) has been developed to implement the Address of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the People of Kazakhstan: "New Decade – New Economic Growth – New Opportunities of Kazakhstan" and the Nationwide Plan for Development of Kazakhstan until 2020. The Program is aimed at achieving the goal of addresses of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the people of Kazakhstan – “Kazakhstan – 2030” Strategy” and “The Way of Kazakhstan - 2050: One Goal, One Interest, One Future”, as well as at bringing together some previously existing sectoral programs of entrepreneurship support and development in Kazakhstan (including the "Business Roadmap 2020") intended to improve business climate in the country.
The objective of the Program is to ensure sustainable and balanced growth of regional businesses, as well as maintain the existing and create new permanent jobs
Terms for implementation - 2015 – 2019
• The first stage in 2015
At the first stage, it is required to start a solid legal and regulatory framework aimed at regulating the procedure for implementation of instruments of state support provided in the Program. Development and approval of rules of interest rates subsidizing for bank loans, subsidizing financed by Islamic banks, private businesses, guarantee for bank loans, interest rates subsidizing for the loans of microfinance institutions, guarantee for bank loans of microfinance institutions, micro-crediting of small-sized businesses, provision of state grants are provided. As a result, appropriate regulatory conditions ensuring transparent and efficient implementation of the Program will be formed.
• The second stage in 2016-2019
At the second stage, it will be required to intensify work on the proper implementation of the state support instruments provided in the Program. The use of state support instruments will be accompanied by its constant monitoring for their effectiveness in regard to the set out goals and objectives of the Program. Based on the results of monitoring, relevant measures to improve the effectiveness of the Program, as well as to improve its instruments, will be taken on an annual basis. Implementation of the Program under constant control will allow performing the scheduled challenges and teach the set out objectives of the Program.
Priority economical sectors are as follows
1. agricultural sector;
2. mining industry*;
3. light industry and production of furniture;
4. production of construction materials and other non-metal mineral products;
5. metallurgy, metalworking, mechanical engineering;
6. other industrial sectors (including production of finished products, production of electric power by other power plants, electric power generation by hydroelectric power plants; collection, treatment and disposal of waste, waste management; reclaiming and other services in the field of waste management)
9. information and communication;
10. professional, research and technical activities;
12. healthcare and social services;
13. arts, entertainment and recreation;
14. provision of other services (repair of computers, personal use items and household items).
The Program implementation focuses on four areas:
1) support for new business initiatives of entrepreneurs from single-industry towns, small towns and rural settlements;
2) sectoral support for entrepreneurs operating in the priority sectors of the economy and manufacturing industries;
3) reduction of the currency risks of entrepreneurs;
4) provision of non-financial business support measures.
The following support measures will be provided within the first area:
1) subsidizing a part of the interest rate for loans/ financial lease contracts of banks / development bank / leasing companies;
2) partial guaranteeing for loans of banks/ development bank;
3) provision of state grants;
4) micro-crediting of small businesses;
5) subsidizing a part of the interest rate for microloans of private microfinance institutions;
6) partial guaranteeing for credits of microfinance institutions to banks.
The second area of the Program provides provision of the following support measures to entrepreneurs:
1) subsidizing interest rates on loans/finance leases contracts of banks / development bank / leasing companies;
2) partial guaranteeing on loans of banks / development bank;
3) development of production (industrial) area
4) creation of industrial zones.
The third area involves subsidizing the nominal interest rate for the current loans / finance lease contracts of banks / development bank / leasing companies in national and foreign currencies.
Non-financial business support measures include the provision of public non-financial support to private enterprises and households with entrepreneurial initiative in the following functional areas:
1) information and analytical support for the enterprise;
2) development of entrepreneurs’ competencies;
3) increasing the productivity of entrepreneurs;
4) expansion of business relations.