53 athletes will represent Astana at the summer Asian games in Indonesia
The VIII summer Asian games will start in Indonesia next weekend. The opening ceremony of the largest sports competitions in the region will be held on August 18 in Jakarta, the official website of the akimat with reference to the Department of culture and sports.
As part of the national team of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 53 athletes from Astana in 20 sports, including 8 participants of the Parasitic games in four sports, were announced to participate in the summer Asian games.
At the summer Asian games in Indonesia, the capital's athletes will compete in the following disciplines:
- Wrestling on belts (Botagoz Duysembaev, Ulzhan Duysembaev, Aidos of Kulmanbetov);
- Greco-Roman wrestling (ILM Kulubaev, Almat Kebispaev);
- Women's wrestling - Zhuldyz Eshimova, Valentina Islamova;
- Sambo – Alibek Zekenov;
- Judo – Akmaral Namatbek;
- Rowing and Canoeing – Zoya Ananchenko, Diana Egeubayeva, Sergey Tokenize;
- Rowing – Alexander Pacanov;
- Swimming – Adilbek Mussin;
- Synchronised swimming – Jennifer Rusanova, Christina Tynybaeva, Denmark Tagatova, Renata Konovalenko, Jan Dektyareva, Karina Abdulina;
- Rhythmic gymnastics – Adil Tlegenova;
- Athletics – Alexander Kasper;
- Bullet shooting – Sergei vokhmyanin, Alexey Kleymenov, Julia Comandra;
- Women's Boxing – Saniya Sultangazi, Rimma volosenko;
- Cycling – Amelia Iskakova;
- Taekwondo-Marzhan Tulepbergenova;
- Poster shooting-Andrey Mogilevsky;
- Modern pentathlon – Pavel Ilyashenko, Elena Potapenko, Vladislav Sukharev;
- Climbing – Amir Of Baimuratov, Asel Marinova;
- Basketball – Ivanova O., Bagmet O., T. Yagodkina, Astapenko M., Kurasawa Z., Vinokurov A., Every, N., Arzamastseva A., Bibikova M., Ergaliev R.
From 2 to 13 October in the Indonesian capital Jakarta will be held Paralympic Asian games among athletes with disabilities. In Astana, athletes with physical disabilities are engaged in professional sports in the sports club «Zhiger» of the mayor's office of Astana. 8 athletes of the club had the opportunity to represent Kazakhstan at the prestigious international competition in 4 sports:
- Athletics-Bolat Beybars, SPODA (defeat of the musculoskeletal system);
- Swimming – Galiev siazbek (RD), Satbaeva Diana (vision), Akaev Alibek (sight), Lee Hope (vision);
- Powerlifting-Maria Auezova (SPODA);
- Judo-Arstanbekov Bauyrzhan (vision), Shamey Yergali (vision).
In total, more than 9,000 athletes from 45 countries of the Asian continent will take part in the Asian games. Competitions will be held in 42 sports, with 476 medals will be played.
Any use of materials is only permitted with an active hyperlink to the official website of the city of Nur-Sultan http://astana.gov.kz