“Medical and Social Institution for the Elderly and Disabled” Municipal State Institution of the Mayor’s Office of Astana (the MSI) is a government agency with years of experience providing a full range of quality care for older people and people with disabilities.
The MSI was designed for stay of people who reached the retirement age and the I and II groups disabled, singles and those requiring constant nursing care. Our institution works since 1989; in 2007, based on the initiative of the Head of State N.A. Nazarbayev, a new building was opened in Koktal-1 Residential Area.
The institution activities are aimed at the complete satisfaction of the needs of those living there, continuous improvement of the quality of special social services provided and effectiveness of social adaptation of the services recipients. It was designed for 400 permanently or temporarily staying elderly and disabled who have completely or partially lost their abilities to self-care and mobility, as well as for people who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
The MSI provides special social services in an inpatient ward; the ward has a day care unit.
The purpose of the MSI is the implementation of the state-ensured rights of the elderly and disabled citizens to receiving inpatient social services.
HOW TO GET REGISTERED
1. Apply to Astana Office of Employment, Labor and Social Protection at 16 Imanbayeva Str., Office 5 or by calling +7 (7172) 216-217.
Schedule for applications submission and issuance of results is as follows: 8.30 am – 5 pm (1 pm – 2.30 pm – break) on weekdays.
2. Fill out the application form for admission to the medical social institution according to the approved public standard form.
3. Prepare the following documents:
· a copy of the service recipient identity document with the personal identification number;
· a copy of the disability statement in the form approved based on the Order No. 44 of the Minister of Healthcare and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 30, 2015 “On the Approval of Medical and Social Expertise Regulations” (registered in the Register of Normative Acts State Registration as No. 10589), (not required for the elderly);
· medical records in the form according to the Appendix 3 to this public service standard;
· copy of an extract from the individual disability rehabilitation program (not required for the elderly);
· for persons above eighteen – a copy of the court decision on the recognition of the person as the one limited in capacities (if any is available);
· for the elderly – a copy of the pensioner identity card;
· for the Great Patriotic War participants and disabled and persons equated to them – a copy of the identity card certifying the status of the Great Patriotic War participant and disabled and a person equated to them.
Documents shall be submitted in the original and copies for verification, after which the original documents shall be returned to the holder.
When submitting all the required documents, a card indicating the date of registration and receipt of the public service, surname and initials of the person who accepted the documents shall be issued.
Paperwork to obtain social services in the medico-social institution is completed in the support of a social worker for the first and second groups disabled and persons who are not capable of self-care due to old age and those who are recipients of special social services.
4. Receive the notice of registration in the medical and social institution or motivated response about the refusal within 17 business days from the date of documents submission.
Unreliability of the submitted documents can be deemed as the basis for refusal.
“Koktal-1” Residential Area, 2 Akkorgan Str.
Administration opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 9 am to 6 pm
Break – 1 pm to 2 pm
Weekend – Saturday and Sunday
Operating hours: 24 hours
Schedule of the Director for Personal Issues:
Friday – 4 pm to 5 pm
Reception: +7 (7172) 301-362
Fax: +7 (7172) 301-358
The official web-site: www.aleumet-komek.kz
Any use of materials is only permitted with an active hyperlink to the official website of the city of Astana http://astana.gov.kz