“Employment Center” Municipal State Institution of the Mayor’s Office of Astana is a non-profit organization and is intended to assist in employment and finding jobs for the participants of “Employment Roadmap 2020” program.
1) assesses the status and forecast of employment development, informing the public about the state of the labor market;
2) carries out the implementation of active employment assistance measures provided by the current Law, as well as additional employment assistance measures financed at the expenses of the budget;
3) registers persons who applied as the job seekers and the unemployed in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the Law “On Employment of the Population”;
4) receives the documents, the list of which is set by the authorized body on public employment issues, required for assignment of the social payment in case of job loss at the expense of the State Social Insurance Fund, and sends it to the State Corporation;
5) provides services on social vocational guidance;
6) assists job seekers and the unemployed in finding suitable jobs, issues assignments for employment;
7) cooperates with the State Social Insurance Fund;
8) keep records of available jobs (vacancies);
9) keeps records of an individual employment card of the unemployed;
10) enters into social contracts;
11) provides employment mediation;
12) provides other assistance in employment provided for by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan on employment of the population.
When applying for employment assistance, a person who has no job and (or) earnings (income), seeking for a suitable job, is registered as a person seeking for a job in the public employment center based on the place of residence or through the web portal of “e-government” on the basis of the following documents:
1) the identity document;
2) the document confirming labor activities (if any);
3) the document of education, qualification, availability of specific knowledge or professional training (if any).
A person who has not reached the age of sixteen also provides a written statement of one of his/her legal representatives.
2. The Employment Center provides assistance in finding jobs within ten business days from the date of registration of the person who is seeking for job by selecting a suitable job, as well as provision of free social vocational guidance services.
3. A job-seeker should express his/her interest in the job search, visiting the public employment center at least once within three business days,
Registration of the Unemployed
1. The Employment Center makes a decision in regard to the registration of an unemployed person who is seeking for a job, for whom a suitable job has not been selected within ten business days from the date of the request, except for the persons referred to in paragraph 5 of this Article.
2. Registration of the unemployed person, seeking for a job, is carried out after verification of his/her data through the information systems of the state bodies and (or) organizations along with entering the obtained information into the individual employment card.
3. The Employment Center shall inform the person seeking for a job of the date of registration and record as unemployed or refusal of registration after ten calendar days from the request.
4. Unemployed persons registered in the Employment Center should report to the Employment Center not less than once within ten business days, and the unemployed who reside in rural areas should do so at least once a month in the village, rural, district mayor’s office.
The following persons are not registered as the unemployed:
1) those who have not reached the age of sixteen;
2) those working under an employment contract, including persons performing their obligations and receiving payment within full or part-time work or those having other paid job which is providing earnings (income);
3) those who have reached the retirement age established by paragraph 1 of Article 11 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Pension Provision in the Republic of Kazakhstan”;
4) those who have submitted documents containing false information about unemployment and earnings (income), as well as other false data.
The unemployed are entitled to:
1) receive the following from the employment centers for free:
services on the search of suitable jobs and assistance in employment, including active measures of assistance in employment;
consulting, information services and social vocational guidance in order to select or change the type of activities (occupation);
information about themselves that is contained in the single information base of the labor market;
2) social benefits in case of a job loss, if he or she was a member of the compulsory social insurance system;
3) targeted social assistance in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On the State Targeted Social Assistance”;
The unemployed are obliged to:
1) comply with the requirements of this Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Employment of the Population”;
2) comply with the procedure, terms and timing of visiting the Employment Center in accordance with the Law;
3) refer to the employer for the employment issue within five business days from the date of the job assignment receipt, issued by the Employment Center;
4) provide the Employment Center with information about the changes affecting the further procedure of work with the unemployed in a timely manner, within five business days, including:
change of place of residence;
employment for a permanent, temporary job, employment under civil and legal contracts;
founding (co-founding) in the organization, regardless of the organizational and legal form and form of ownership;
identification or change of the disability group;
assignment of pension payments.
The Employment Center takes the unemployed of the register in the following cases:
1) rejection of the two proposed suitable job options;
2) failure to appear without reasonable excuse:
within five business days from the date of issuance of the assignment by the Employment Center in regard to the place of the proposed employment or training;
within three business days after the call to the Employment Center to take part in active measures within employment assistance;
self-willed seizure to participate in active measures within employment assistance based on the assignment of the Employment Center;
3) violation of the timing for visiting the Employment Center as provided by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Employment of the Population” by the unemployed without any valid reasons;
4) conviction of the unemployed to the punishment of imprisonment or compulsory treatment based on the effective court decision;
5) provided for in subparagraph 4) of paragraph 2 of Article 15;
6) provision of false or forged documents.
2. The unemployed who have been taken off the register in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Employment of the Population” are able to re-register in the Employment Center as job-seekers only thirty calendar days after the date of removal from the register.
Social Vocational Guidance
1. Social vocational guidance for job-seekers, unemployed, self-employed, repatriates (oralmans), as well as students of universities, colleges, senior classes of secondary schools is provided to practically assist in the selection of professions, change of occupation and competence development based on professional knowledge, skills, interests of a person and labor market demands within the budget.
2. Social vocational guidance includes the following:
1) provision of vocational information on employment, labor market state, employment opportunities for the existing major or vocational training;
2) vocational counseling for the selection of a job and profession on the basis of individual psychological features of a person, specifics of life situations, professional knowledge, skills and interests of the person, health state and labor market needs;
3) professional selection through the identification of the person’s compliance to the qualification requirements specified for specific types of the profession (major) and positions.
3. Social vocational counseling is provided by the public employment centers with the right to attract private employment agencies and (or) other organizations in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan on state social order, grants and awards for non-governmental organizations in the Republic of Kazakhstan and public procurement.
4. Information about the persons who have passed social vocational guidance is placed by the employment centers in the single information data base of the labor market.
1. It includes vocational training, retraining and professional development.
2. Vocational training can be provided through the public employment center, if:
1) it is impossible to find a suitable job due to the lack of the required professional qualifications;
2) it is required to change profession (major) or occupation due to the lack of jobs that meet the professional skills;
3) the ability to perform activities for the same profession has been lost.
3. Vocational training is provided for:
1) job seekers;
3) those working under employment contracts.
4. The following entities have the right of priority in passing the professional training:
1) persons with disabilities;
2) parents, foster parents, tutors (custodians) who are raising children with disabilities;
3) unemployed persons registered in the public employment center for more than six months;
4) persons who are searching job for the first time (who have not previously worked) and who at the same time do not have a qualification;
5) persons who have been released from prison and (or) passed compulsory treatment.
5. Vocational training is provided in accordance with labor market needs at the request of employers in educational institutions or in educational centers of the employers entitled to educational activities in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of education within the budget funds.
6. A social contract shall be signed between the employment center, the organization conducting the training, the employer and the trainee.
The social contract shall contain the rights and obligations of the parties, terms of payment for the training, conditions for early termination, the timing and sources of funding of the vocational training.
7. Persons forwarded by the employment center for vocational training, and who have voluntarily, without good reason, stopped training, can be repeatedly send for training three years after the date of re-registration in the employment center.
Social Jobs Arrangement
1. The employer creates social jobs, when creating which, vacancies for permanent jobs cannot be used, and they are not created in heavy works, works with harmful and (or) dangerous working conditions.
2. Social jobs are created specifically for the unemployed, including the following entities having the right of priority:
1) inmates of children's villages and graduates of children's homes, boarding schools for orphans and children left without parental care aged between sixteen and twenty-three years;
2) persons approaching retirement age (two years before retirement);
3) persons with disabilities;
4) persons who are released from prison and (or) passed compulsory treatment;
5) persons registered in the probation service;
6) single parents with many children, raising minors;
7) persons providing care for children under the age of seven, for a disabled child, the first and second groups disabled;
8) repatriates (oralmans);
9) persons who have suffered as a result of an act of terrorism, and those who have participated in its suppression.
3. Based on the decision of the local authority for public employment issues:
1) the supply and demand for social jobs arrangement is determined ;
2) list of organizations in the regions that have submitted an application for the creation of social jobs, the number of organized workplaces and the specific conditions of works, remuneration, and their sources of funding are approved.
4. The unemployed are assigned to social workplaces only with their consent. When assigning to social jobs, health status, age, professional and other individual features of the unemployed are taken into account.
A social contract is signed between the employment center, the employer which creates social jobs and the unemployed who is forwarded to the social job.
The social contract shall contain the rights and obligations of the parties, the amount and terms of remuneration, terms and sources of funding for social jobs.
5. The unemployed, who voluntarily, without a valid reason, cease their work activities on social workplaces, are removed from the register as unemployed, and can repeatedly participate in active employment assistance measures three months after the date of re-registration in the employment center.
6. Persons directed for social jobs are guided by labor laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Youth Practical Training Arrangement
1. Youth practical training is designed specifically for the unemployed from among the graduates of educational institutions implementing educational programs of technical and vocational, post-secondary, higher and postgraduate education based on the obtained profession (major) not more than twenty-nine years old.
1) form the supply and demand for the youth practical training arrangement;
2) determine the list of organizations in the regions that have submitted a request for the arrangement of youth practical training, the number of the unemployed involved from among the graduates of educational institutions, conditions and payment for their work and sources of funding.
3. The employer creates jobs for youth practical training based on the contract with the employment center. When creating jobs, vacancies for permanent jobs cannot be used.
The created jobs must comply with the profession (major) obtained by the graduate of the educational institution.
4. Direction of unemployed graduates from educational institutions to the youth practical training is allowed only upon their consent. Payment of their work is carried out within the budget funds, as well as from the sources not prohibited by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5. A social contract is signed between the public employment center, the employer organizing youth practical training and the graduate forwarded to the youth practical training.
The social contract shall contain the rights and obligations of the parties, working conditions, the amount and terms of remuneration, timing and sources of funding.
6. Persons directed for youth practical training are guided by labor laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Public Works Arrangement
1. Public works are arranged by the public employment centers in organizations and financed within the budget funds and employers’ funds based on their requests.
2. The following entities are entitled to participate in public works:
2) university students and students of senior classes of secondary schools during the summer holidays;
3) persons not provided with work due to the downtime.
The following categories have the priority right to participate in public works:
1) the unemployed who do not receive social benefits in case of job loss;
2) unemployed registered in the employment centers for more than six months.
Participation of persons in public works is provided upon their consent based on the priority list according to the date of their registration in the employment center.
3. A social contract is signed with persons willing to participate in public works.
4. Unemployed, who voluntarily, without a valid reason, cease to participate in public works, are removed from the register as unemployed and can be re-sent to public works only three months after the date of re-registration in the employment center.
5. Public works do not include activities related to the urgent need to eliminate the consequences of accidents, natural disasters, cataclysms and other emergencies.
6. This Law shall not govern legal relations on attraction to public works under the criminal laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
7. Persons participating in public works are guided by labor legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Business Initiative Assistance
1. Business initiative assistance is provided to unemployed and self-employed by ensuring them with state support measures through the studies of the basics of entrepreneurship, provision of services for the project support, micro-crediting on a return basis.
2. The following categories of unemployed and self-employed individuals have the priority right to receive state support measures:
1) persons living in rural areas, mono- and small towns;
2) disabled, if their health status does not prevent the implementation of any job obligations, or does not threaten their health and (or) labor safety of others based on medical reports;
3) persons above fifty before reaching the retirement age;
4) young people under twenty-nine.
3. A social contract is signed between the employment center and the person who has received a microcredit.
Arrangement of Social Benefits in Case of the Loss of the Breadwinner
1. Persons recognized in the prescribed manner as the unemployed, who are the participants of the compulsory social insurance system, are entitled to social benefits in case of loss of job from the State Social Insurance Fund in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On the Compulsory Social Insurance."
2. The right of the unemployed who are participants of the compulsory social insurance system to receive social benefits in case of job loss is maintained when directed by the employment center to the vocational training, social jobs and/or public works.
3. The employment center provides the required information through the State Corporation to the State Social Insurance Fund within two business days from the date of removal of the recipient from the register of unemployed persons.
State Social Insurance Fund shall cease social benefits in case of loss of job in the manner and subject to the conditions provided for by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on compulsory social insurance on the basis of the information received, provided in the first part of this paragraph.
4. The employment center makes the appropriate changes in the individual employment card in a timely manner.
Quotas for Employment are Set for:
1) persons with disabilities who do not have medical contraindications for employment;
2) citizens from among young people who have lost or were left without parental care until attaining their majority, who are graduates of educational institutions;
3) persons released from prison;
4) persons who are registered in the probation service.
Quotas of Jobs for the Employment of Individual Categories of Citizens
1. Local executive authorities set quotas for employment of:
1) persons with disabilities in the amount of two to four per cent of the number of jobs, excluding jobs in heavy works, works in harmful or hazardous working conditions in accordance with the procedures established by the authorized body on public employment;
2) persons who are registered in the probation service;
4) citizens from among young people who have lost or were left without parental care until attaining their majority, who are graduates of educational institutions;
2. There is no quota established for public associations of disabled persons, as well as organizations, where the number of disabled people is more than twenty per cent of the average annual number of employees.
Addresses and Contact Information
Legal Address:010000, Astana, 16 Sh. Imanbayeva Str.
De Facto Address:010000, Astana, 25 Beybitshilik Str.
Fax:+7 (7172) 95-10-74
Waiting Room +7 (7172) 57-87-00
Reception+7 (7172) 57-89-34
Call-Center:+7 (7172) 57-88-88
Inquiries in regard to courses+7 (7172) 57-88-87; +7 (7172) 57-88-95
Inquiries in regard to youth practical training and social jobs issues+7 (7172) 57-85-42; +7 (7172) 57-86-47
Inquiries in regard to the employment+7 (7172) 57-88-86; +7 (7172) 57-88-94
Official website www.cz.astana.kz
Any use of materials is only permitted with an active hyperlink to the official website of the city of Astana http://astana.gov.kz